11g Release 2 (22.214.171.124) Patch Set 1, Oracle Database patch sets are full installations of the Oracle Database software. This means that you do not need to install Oracle Database 11g Release 2 (126.96.36.199) before installing Oracle Database 11g Release 2 (188.8.131.52).
Note the following changes with the new patch set packaging:
New installations consist of installing the most recent patch set, rather than installing a base release and then upgrading to a patch release.
Direct upgrades from previous releases to the most recent patch set are supported.
Out-of-place patch set upgrades recommended, in which you install the patch set into a new, separate Oracle home. In-place upgrades are supported, but not recommended.
For more information please check README for 10098816
EBS 12 References
- Interoperability Notes – Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 with Oracle Database 11g Release 2 (11.2.0) (Note 1058763.1)
- Database Initialization Parameters for Oracle Applications Release 12 (Note 396009.1)
- Using Oracle 11g Release 2 Real Application Clusters with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 (Note 823587.1)
- Using Transparent Data Encryption with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 (Note 732764.1)
- Integrating Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 with Oracle Database Vault 11gR2 (Note 1091083.1)
- Export/Import Process for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 Database Instances Using Oracle Database 11g Release 1 or 11g Release 2 (Note 741818.1)